Field Service Technician
Productivity Quality Inc. (PQI) is looking for a Service Technician in the Machine Tool Probing division.
PQI is the largest Renishaw machine tool probe retrofitter with thousands of installations in the United States, Mexico, Canada and other international locations. We are looking for self-motivated individuals that are up for the challenge. This person would be responsible for providing on-site Installation and repair support on Inspection, and Measurement Products on Machine Tools on a variety of machine tools out in the field at our highly valued client companies. This is a full time position Monday to Friday that requires the ability to travel up to 75-80% of the time and only during the business week.
Application knowledge on Swiss turning machines such as Tsugami, Citizen, Star or Miyano
Ability to read and correctly interpret schematic drawings.
Three to five years’ experience working on 3-5 axis machine tools or Swiss lathe machines.
- Perform installations of Renishaw Probing systems in customer machine tools.
- Install and setup software in customer machine tool control. Trouble shoot and correct any issues in the function of the system.
- Write inspection routines and test installations to ensure systems are in proper working order.
- Train customer personnel on the use or the system. Assist in programming initial routines.
- Communicate changes in instructions or wiring schematics to coworkers.
- Recommend any updates to machine tool probing procedures for accuracy and relevance.
- On-going training will be available for the right person stepping into this exciting position.
- Ensure that customer needs and expectations are being met in a timely cost effective manner.
- Good character, flexible, positive, adaptable, problem solver, and open to learning new things.
- Written and verbal communication skills, including interaction with clients and coworkers.
- Analytical skills for identifying and solving problems on-site at our client companies. * Interpersonal communications skills and possess the ability to work independently. * Computer and software tools efficiency (i.e. Microsoft Excel, Word, etc.).
- Deal with technical documentation (i.e. ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation).
- Good Mechanical Aptitude.
- Math skills required, in both English and Metric systems.
- Exposure to G-Code and Macro Programming a Plus.
- Attention to detail, methodical and well organized.
- 75- 80% US and International travel during the work week.
Please reply – TODAY – by sending your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to the Productivity Quality Inc. Human Resources Department at HR@PQI.net
Please… No Recruiters, Telephone Inquiries or Employment Agencies… Thank You!
The safety of our employees and the needs of our customers are paramount as we strive to support our business community from a safe and healthy operating environment. We follow the CDC guidance regarding COVID-19.