Field Service Technician
Productivity Quality Inc. (PQI) is looking for a smart, confident, experienced machine automation technician who likes to travel. Do you like a challenge? Are you looking for a fulfilling career with an industry-leading company that offers competitive pay, travel, opportunities for advancement, and great benefits? Do you like being the smartest guy or gal in the room?
If that sounds like you, we need to talk. We’re looking for someone like you to join our field support team. We provide experiential training and education—we don’t expect you to know everything on day one!
PQI is the largest Renishaw machine tool probe integrator, with thousands of installations in the United States, Mexico, Canada, and other international locations. And we’re looking for smart, motivated, self-starters to join our team.
You’ll provide on-site integration , machine repair, and measurement product support on inspection for a variety of machine tools at our client sites. This is a full-time position—Monday through Friday. You’ll be traveling 75-80% of the time during the business week. There will be exciting international travel opportunities as well.
It can take up to a year of knowledge transfer before you’re ready to travel on your own. In the meantime, you’ll get the best training available in the machine tool industry.
As the on-site tech, you’ll ultimately be responsible for getting the job done right and making sure the customer is happy and satisfied. But we’ll be standing behind you with a professional team to provide you with all the support you’ll ever need. We value our clients and we trust our field technicians to maintain those invaluable relationships. Our corporate culture is employee and customer-centric at its core.
Here’s what we’re looking for in our new teammate:
- Application knowledge on Swiss turning machines such as Tsugami, Citizen, Star, or Miyano
- Ability to read and correctly interpret schematic drawings.
- Three to five years’ experience working on 3-5 axis machine tools or Swiss lathe machines.
Here’s what you’ll be doing in the field:
- On-going training will be available for the new team member stepping into this exciting position.
- Perform installations of Renishaw Probing and Laser Measurement systems in customer machine tools.
- Install and configure software in customer machine tools—troubleshoot and correct any functional issues when necessary.
- Write inspection routines and test installations to ensure systems are in proper working order.
- Train customer personnel on the use of the system—assist in programming initial routines.
- Document changes in instructions or wiring schematics to coworkers.
- Recommend updates to machine tool probing procedures to reflect accuracy and appropriateness.
- Ensure that customer needs and expectations are met in a timely, cost-effective manner.
These are the personal skills and traits we’re looking for:
- Good character, flexible, positive, adaptable, problem solver
- Open to learning new technologies and skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical skills for identifying and solving problems on-site at our client facilities
- Ability to use computer and software tools efficiently (Microsoft Excel and Word)
- Familiar with technical documentation (i.e. ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation)
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Math measurement skills—English and Metric
- Exposure to G-Code and Macro Programming a Plus, but not required
- Attention to detail, methodical, and well organized
Here’s why you should consider joining the PQI team:
- Your job will never be outsourced or offshored
- Work with the best team in the industry
- We provide experiential training and education
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Excellent work-lifestyle benefits (PTO, etc.)
- 80% travel during the business week
- Some international travel to cool places like Canada, Mexico, Ireland, Thailand, and Japan
Does this sound like an opportunity that fits your skills, experience, and career goals? If so, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to HR@pqi.net.